We went apple picking yesterday at Masker Orchards. As soon as we got home, Matthew and I sorted through our huge pile of apples and made applesauce in the crockpot. Which will be perfect for putting in his lunchbox.
15-20 ripe apples (I used Macintosh)
1/2 a cup of water
3 tablespoons Cinnamon
- Wash the apples and cut into pieces, rid the core and seeds and place the apples pieces in your crockpot.
- Add the water and 1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- The crockpot will be on high for 4 1/2 hours.
- Stir occasionally after 2 hours of being on.
- Once the timer goes off then stir and mash (You can use a wooden spoon or a potato masher, we personally like it chunks so i don’t mash too much)
- Add the rest of the cinnamon as needed.
- Referigerate for a few hours and enjoy.